Ease of Correspondence with Doctor

Doctor's Friendliness and Courtesy

Clarity of Doctor's Explanations

Accuracy of Doctor's Predictions

Doctor's Apparent Knowledge of Procedure

Doctor's Availability During Recovery

Rate Your Cosmetic Outcome

Would Recommend to Others

Dr Jaroszewski and her team at the Mayo Clinic in Arizona are top notch! In my opinion Dr J is the best Pectus surgeon in the world and after doing my research I would not have trusted my life in anyone else's hands.

I was born with pectus excavatum and I didn’t even know what my chest condition was called until age 33. By then it became unbearable for me to live with. My sternum was pushing in on my heart and lungs. I had chest and back pains, shortness of breath, difficulty swallowing and I was fatigued everyday. Several people in an online support group were among the first to tell me about Dr Jaroszewski and from there Kelly Myers, Dr J’s pectus coordinator, worked with me so I could actually travel to Phoenix for surgery.

Dr J and her team quickly answered every question and calmed every nerve that I had. They are so knowledgeable and kind and made me feel comfortable in a way I never felt before. I was always told my entire life that my chest condition was just cosmetic even though I could feel the symptoms. Dr J and her team cared enough to listen to my every concern and offered me a way to fix them.

The surgery was very painful, but they are experts at pain management. The first day I was on morphine and then was switched to oral medication and the On-Q pump. On day two I was up and walking around and even was able to go outside. My pain may have spiked at about a five or six, but with the push of a button someone was there to alleviate my pain. On day three I was checked out of the hospital.

What Dr Jaroszewski did for me was truly life changing and even made me rethink the goals in my life. As of today I’m only eight weeks post op, but I have already begun to spread awareness and to reach out and help others with pectus. Dr Jaroszewski’s YouTube videos alone contain vast amounts of knowledge. I highly recommend watching them and reading everything on her site drjpectus.com if you are considering surgery. As for myself, I have been documenting my entire journey to pectus surgery on YouTube and I’m glad to have Dr J be a part of my story. I setup a website so I can easily reach out to others and direct them to my videos and all the information that I come across such as links to Dr J’s site and pectus.com. Please feel free to contact me about anything.

I can’t recommend Dr Jaroszewski, her pectus team and the Mayo Clinic enough. If you think you need pectus surgery please do yourself a favor and call Kelly Myers.

Your Pectus Information

Condition
Pectus Excavatum
Pre-Surgery Haller Index
Procedure
Nuss Procedure
Current Bar status
Bars still in
Date of initial surgery/procedure
February 16, 2016
Require 2nd surgery/procedure?
Yes