Ease of Correspondence with Doctor

Doctor's Friendliness and Courtesy

Clarity of Doctor's Explanations

Accuracy of Doctor's Predictions

Doctor's Apparent Knowledge of Procedure

Doctor's Availability During Recovery

Rate Your Cosmetic Outcome

Would Recommend to Others

I traveled from Prague to Berlin to do my second surgery with Mr. Schaarschimdt. First surgery has been performed by czech surgeon who considered himself as well-known and experienced. It came out after surgery that they put just 1 bar instead of 2 which will very well repair my chest. Outcome was not that good (7 of 10). Problem appeared afterwards when my bar moved due to sneezing 7 months after surgery. When I asked my doctor If It should be removed, he said It should stay inside another 3 years. Therefore I contacted Prof. Schaarschimdt and made an appointment where he explained to me every single wrong step they made in Prague.

My surgery was scheduled this month and went absolutely without any problems. Helios klinikum is just amazing, staff is incredible and very friendly. The whole process before and after surgery was like from another world for me comparing to my first surgery in Prague. From breathing exercises, ultrasound, all kind of examinations after surgery (blood, etc.)., explanations when needed. Everything was absolutely perfect. For anybody abroad who is considering surgery and dont know If they should pay it, Its absolutely worth it! My first surgery was covered by Insurance but It didnt help me at all! Thank you Dr. Schaarschmidt!

Your Pectus Information

Condition
Pectus Excavatum
Pre-Surgery Haller Index
-
Procedure
Nuss Procedure
Current Bar status
Bars still in
Date of initial surgery/procedure
May 18, 2016
Require 2nd surgery/procedure?