Ease of Correspondence with Doctor

Doctor's Friendliness and Courtesy

Clarity of Doctor's Explanations

Accuracy of Doctor's Predictions

Doctor's Apparent Knowledge of Procedure

Doctor's Availability During Recovery

Rate Your Cosmetic Outcome

Would Recommend to Others

I’m from Poland. I’m 48 years old. It was the last time for decision. I had date reservation in Poland (one year wait) . While when I was waiting for surgery I got contact with prof. Klaus Schaarschmidt. He had answered immediately and invited me for professional operation on my chest. I've never seen in Poland as hospital as Berlin Buch. There is very well. I saw that staves working calmly and everyone knew what they should do. Prof. Schaarschmidt has amazing hands for difficult work. He is like quick man. I felt safely with him. I had pectus excavatum 3 cm symmetric. Before surgery prof. suggested one bar inside my chest, but while surgery he decided used 2 bars because my bones were hard. After surgery I was exercising with prof. Schaarchmidt and physiotherapist and his assistant and of course with my sweetie wife. It was difficult time for me but I survived. I felt pain that I can't slept all night without painkiller. While sitting or standing was OK but when I laying it was bad I felt tough pain. I was constantly sleepy and I couldn't working. After three month I've put off painkillers and I came back to work. After six month I was beginning workout: jogging, gym and soccer. My chest looks better and better. I'm more confident person than before. My dream realized and I won new dreams. Now is nine month after surgery. I can definitely put my opinion it was the gorgeous decision to do surgery by prof. Klaus Schaarschmidt.

Your Pectus Information

Condition
Pectus Excavatum
Pre-Surgery Haller Index
PE
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or