Ease of Correspondence with Doctor

Doctor's Friendliness and Courtesy

Clarity of Doctor's Explanations

Accuracy of Doctor's Predictions

Doctor's Apparent Knowledge of Procedure

Doctor's Availability During Recovery

Rate Your Cosmetic Outcome

Would Recommend to Others

This is my second review for Dr. Jaroszewski and Mayo Clinic. It's been three years-How time flies! In July of 2017, I was back to have my bars removed. I had my Nuss procedure when I was 23. I am now 26.

Though some of the staff have changed, such as Kelly Myer who played a huge roll in helping me with any questions or concerns and scheduling my surgery, I was very happy to see Dr. Dawn once again! When Dr. Dawn walked in for our Pre-Op appointment, She greeted me warmly and was equally happy to see me. After we caught up a little bit, Dr. J then examined my chest and said everything looked great! The Nuss procedure and the bars had done their job and it was time to take them out. Dr. Dawn ran me through the procedure and the precautions, and assured me everything will be just fine.

The next day I was back at Mayo to have surgery. As I lay waiting, I felt calm and had no fear. I had full trust in Dr. Jaroszewski just as I had 3 years prior. The nurses and the entire staff were nice, attentive, and made me feel very comfortable. Then the anesthesia kicked in and next thing I know I'm awake again, post procedure and the nurse is there to greet me with a welcoming smile. Surgery was a success! The nice thing about taking the bars out is that it's an out-patient procedure; you're literally in and out of the hospital same day and you receive you're bars as a souvenir and a reminder of the journey you'v taken.

A couple days later I met with Dr. Dawn for Post-op check up. Everything looked great. and after recovery I could get back to daily life. However, In all honesty, I was slightly sad to leave Arizona and Mayo. I will miss the people; Dr. J, the nurses, the staff, and everyone that helped me along this entire ride. Dr. Dawn and the Mayo clinic made me feel comfortable and at home-My first surgery and this one. These are truly wonderful people.

I had full trust in Dr. Dawn the entire time; From Nuss procedure to bar removal. She is a true professional, a world class surgeon, and I'd argue she is the most knowledgeable Doctor regarding Pectus in the world. On top of that, Dr. J is warm, welcoming, and genuinely cares about her patients. If you're going to trust anyone to help you, I recommend Dr. Jaroszwski and the Mayo Clinic. If you have Pectus and are looking to change your life, this is the only place to go.

I will never forget Dr. Jaroszewski and everyone at Mayo. They have changed my life for the better - as they have for many others. I'm grateful, blessed, and truly happy I had this experience. I wish Dr. Dawn the very best. I hope my reviews help someone and give some insight to the process, and especially to the amazing people you'll come in contact with.

Your Pectus Information

Condition
Pectus Excavatum
Pre-Surgery Haller Index
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or