Doctor's Friendliness and Courtesy

Clarity of Doctor's Explanations

Accuracy of Doctor's Predictions

Doctor's Apparent Knowledge of Procedure

Doctor's Availability During Recovery

Rate Your Cosmetic Outcome

Would Recommend to Others

[b]Location:[/b] World
[b]Age:[/b] [i]First Surgery[/i] 22ish. [i] Second surgery 23ish.[/i] [i]Third Surgery:[/i] 27ish
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Height:[/b] 6ft, 4'' (193cm)
[b]Weight:[/b] 185 pounds (84 kilograms)
[b]Genetics:[/b] Dutch, British, German, Danish, French and Scotish
[b]Condition:[/b] Symetrical Pectus Excavatum which was noticiable with heart displacement. No Haller Index performed.
[b]Developement:[/b] Genetically passed on from Fathers side. Present in youth + teens. Became severe during early 20's
[b]Intervention:[/b] 1st Surgery: Single bar in San Diego (not Dr. Losasso), 2nd surgery: Single bar in San Diego (not Dr. Losasso) 3rd surgery: Single bar in Berlin, Germany by Dr. Schaarschmidt
[b]Exercises:[/b] Body boarding, Triathlons (run bike swim), yoga, stretching, 15pound (8kg) full body dumbell exercises 3-6 days/week.
[b]Special: [/b] Abdominal exercises to reduce rib flare

[b]Story:[/b]
Extremely grateful to Dr. Schaarschmidt for the wonderful results. It's been around 2-4 years since the bar was removed. Great communication. Great hostipal. Wonderful staff. Great food. Great rehabiliation trainer. I have no regrets going with Dr. Schaarschmidt. He is a wonderful individual and i'm blessed to have had him perform my surgery. Thank you Dr. Schaarschmidt.
My biggest advice is to work out and eat healthy. I think my results are fantastic. Working out, staying lean, doing lots of abdominal and chest exercises go a long way.

Yes, I have had this surgery three times. First Surgery I experienced bar migration. Second Surgery I experienced bar migration and poor results. Third was perfect.
I do have some rib flare. I believe my ribs are slightly "awkward" compared to others who have had this surgery due to my sternum going out/in/out/in/out from three surgerys.

I'll be honest, I do not frequent this board often. I'm very happy to move on from this. If you want to reach out to me, please contact me at my email: [email protected]. I don't mind a personal e-mail at all. I only speak English but can use google translator.

[b]Final Notes:[/b]
Thank you Dr. Schaarschmidt

[b]Pictures: Before any surgery[/b]

Your Pectus Information

Condition
Pectus Excavatum
Pre-Surgery Haller Index
unknown
V
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or