Skip to main content

Review Detail

9.9 54 10 0.5
dawn-jaroszewski-12691089
Surgeons 56467
Ingenious and Thorough - Simply the Best!
Overall rating

Ease of Correspondence with Doctor

Doctor's Friendliness and Courtesy

Clarity of Doctor's Explanations

Accuracy of Doctor's Predictions

Doctor's Apparent Knowledge of Procedure

Doctor's Availability During Recovery

Rate Your Cosmetic Outcome

Would Recommend to Others

My favorite thing about Dr. J (and there are a lot of amazing things to choose from!) is her impeccable attention to detail. From the correction itself to the medications she prescribes, you can tell that Dr. J thinks of everything. If something isn't working, she's adaptable and has a plan B...or C...that's just as effective. She views her patients as individuals and doesn't treat their corrections like an assembly line. She's flexible with the number of bars, their placement, and the ultimate result. In a way, she's very artistic, which is so beneficial for a surgery that has so many cosmetic implications.

Though it's obvious she's brilliant, Dr. J is approachable and explains things in a way that's easy to understand. She's very honest and to-the-point, which I appreciate immensely. She'll give you the facts and listen to your concerns, talking you through any questions you may have. Her team is fantastic as well, and it's clear that they are well-educated about pectus, the surgery, and the recovery. Dr. J surrounds herself with excellence - that's for sure - and you're in amazing hands at Mayo Phoenix. Everyone treated me and my family with courtesy and respect and spent quite a bit of time with us making sure we understood my condition, the surgery, and the recovery.

If I'm being picky, there are only two things you might want to be aware of...
1) It was very difficult to get anyone on the phone pre-surgery. To be fair, I think there was a personnel change during the middle of my consultation process, so maybe that affected their ability to respond? Since surgery, I was set up on their portal, and their response time has been great on that medium. On the desktop portal and mobile app, there's almost an immediate response from a PA or nurse if you have a concern or need a prescription refill. So while her office is slow over the phone, it's excellent with online communication.
2) They don't schedule surgeries until 2-3 months ahead of time, which makes it a little difficult to plan if you're traveling.

Overall, though, those are very small concerns compared to everything else. I would choose Dr. J and her team for my pectus repair over anyone else and feel very blessed that I was able to go to her. When I say that she's the best, there's absolutely no exaggeration. If you need a pectus repair, you absolutely couldn't find a better team than Dr. J's.

Your Pectus Information

Condition
Pectus Excavatum
Pre-Surgery Haller Index
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or